Safety is mainly essential in the case of oil and gas supply chains. Oil, as well as natural gas, are one of the major industries in the energy market. They mainly play a vital role in the global economy. The procedure, as well as systems involved in producing and distributing oil and gas, is very complex . Some of the important facts about the oil and gas logistics have been discussed in this article.
Top facts to know about logistics planning
The primary aim of any logistics strategy is mainly to deliver suitable products to the correct customers at the right time at the lowest possible cost. This logistics strategy mainly helps the company decrease investments as well as some other costs. The three important aspects of strategic logistics planning mainly include long-term goals as well as the means and process for achieving those goals.
- The long-term goals mainly include customer satisfaction, the company’s competitive advantage as well as supply chain management.
- The means for achieving the long-term goals of any company mainly include delivering value as well as customer service.
- The process of achieving the company’s long-term goals mainly includes how a person will execute the logistics strategy.
Tips to consider for choosing the supplier in case of oil and gas
- The categorical method is the most simplest method. The lists of some of the relevant performance factors are mainly defined. The buyers will mainly assign the performance ratings of each of the evaluating attributes with the help of some important terms, such as good, poor, and neutral.
- The most frequently used method in the evaluation of oil and gas suppliers is the weighted-point method. With the help of a weighted-point method, many of the attributes which are mainly important to the customers are mainly weighted as per their importance level.
- With the help of a cost ratio approach, the total cost of each purchase mainly includes the selling price with the buyer’s internal operating costs. This is mainly connected with the quality, delivery, as well as service components of the purchase. This is calculated as the total company’s purchasing price.
- The dimensional analysis model is the supplier evaluation technique having the main aim to resolve some of the drawbacks of the different approaches.
These are some of the important tips for choosing the desired logistics supplier.